Forrest Chang wrote:
> Erik Veenstra <pan / erikveen.dds.nl> writes:
>

>>>I'm new to ruby and I wanted to know if there is a way to
>>>make a standalone ruby binary, I'm running Mac OS X and
>>>Linux?
>>
>> http://www.erikveen.dds.nl/distributingrubyapplications/index.html
>> http://www.erikveen.dds.nl/rubyscript2exe/index.html
>> http://www.erikveen.dds.nl/tar2rubyscript/index.html
>>
>>Just advertising my own projects and writings...
>

> I wanna give Erik a plug.  I've been succesfully using the bottom 2
> apps to make standalone ruby apps for one of my projects.  Very handy.
> Erik is also very responsive, I found a bug in tar2rubyscript and he
> fixed it immediately.

OK, since Erik is also listening, and I want to know:
What's the comparison between exrb and rubyscript2exe (on Windows, don't
go mentioning that exrb only runs on windows).
I was having problems making EXEs that used REXML with exrb (that was
some months ago) and I'm pretty interested in having EXEs with FOX and
REXML code.
By the way the documentation on rubyscript2exe is breathtaking. WOW!
V.-

http://www.freemail.gr - δωρεάν υπηρεσία ηλεκτρονικού ταχυδρομείου.