Do people seriously like all these examples in the announcement?  I really think this kind of information belongs on a web page showing you how to use it.

Then again, I've seen a disturbing trend of people ignoring anything that isn't in their blackberry.  Is that it?  Not in e-mail, doesn't exist?

Just curious which people prefer:  examples in the announce or refer to a web page where examples are to be found?

Zed A. Shaw
http://www.zedshaw.com/

On Wed, 7 Sep 2005 11:30:29 +0900
James Britt <james_b / neurogami.com> wrote:

> > Rio is a Ruby I/O convenience class wrapping much of the functionality
> > of IO, File and Dir. Rio also uses FileUtils, Tempfile, StringIO,
> > OpenURI, Zlib, and CSV to provide similar functionality using a simple
> > consistent interface. In addition to forwarding the interfaces
> > provided by IO, File, and Dir to an appropriate object, Rio provides a
> > "grande" interface that allows many common application-level I/O and
> > file-system tasks to be expressed succinctly.
<snip>