Hello Charles,

CP> As far as programming goes, most people don't spend that much time in
CP> Windows.  I'm sorry if that upsets you.
CP> Charles

I don't agree with many arguments from Austin and also not with his
writing style but in this point he is correct. From all the statistics
i see (including my own weblogs) i would doubt if more then 15% of all
ruby users use linux for development, 5% maybe MacOSX but the majority
of 80% is still using windows.

And having an iMac G5, and two a good powerful Intel System here
(Linux/WinXP) in my office, i easily understand why they do.

And by the way, i don't think that this newsgroup is very
representative for the ruby community.