On 9/2/05, Levin Alexander <levin.alexander / gmail.com> wrote:
> Performance would probably be the wrong motivation to switch to
> SyncEnumerator.  On my machine it is about 100 times slower then
> Enumerable#zip.
>
>   sync-enum: 1.676
>   zip-enum: 0.018
>   sizedqueue: 0.226

Yeah, but that performance is probably linear (again, I'm shooting
from my hip here). So in the extreme cases, SyncEnumerable would
outperform #zip. And even before it takes the lead in execution speed,
it definitely has an advantage in memory, which I was more concerned
about. SizedQueue however seems to be a much better choice than
SyncEnumerable for those situations.

Jacob Fugal.