I already use YAML to handle persistance of a queue, e.g. - one big data
structure.

But I don't understand how to use it for many independent values,
something like Options.

So I have a script with these settings (currently as Constants in the
script)

SERVER = news.example.org
PORT = 100
USER = myname
PASS = topsecret

How do I put this in a YAML file and load it into my Ruby script? All
ways I can think of are clumsy. Or shouldn't I?

Your help is greatly appreciated. All documentation I saw is too
abstract and didn't help me for that. A single usage example might have
saved me an hour of searching and reading already ...
--
Oliver C.
45n31, 73w34