Sy wrote:
>I can have the scripting notice if I was afk or sleeping or whatever,
>and automatically perform an action and then repeat the command.  So I
>can "look" while sleeping and it'll notice that I'm asleep and wake up
>to perform the action.
>
>For mmucl, it is:
>parse [lindex [cline history] end]
>
>This functionality has been remarkably valuable to me.  I hate going
>"whoops, was afk..   afk <cursor-up> <enter>".. it's a small thing,
>but very handy imo.

Oh, I see. Not something I would want to do, but I can see how it would
be done... once I implement a command history. `.` (Which you've just
saved from being done purely gui-side.)

> > >World-builders should, of course, still worry about certain standards,
> > >which is a rant I won't get into here.. but long descriptions should
> > >never be hand-wrapped.  That's just stupid.
> >
> > My experience with OLC suggests that the designers disagree with
> > you. `.`
>
>Well if I ever meat them in a dark alley, I'll punch their lights out.
>  A lot of these old fashioned "standards" are just leftovers from more
>shortsighted days.  Like, oh, email wrapping settings.  Geeze, offline
>mail readers from the BBS days had it right, email clients these days
>are just pathetic.

Still, when one is writing a mud client, one must deal with what the mud
that exists is going to output. And I don't think it's unreasonable for the
server to expect at least a certain width. Be impossible to make a good
score display otherwise...

>But as a user, I could live without any kind of reversing
>functionality.. I could live without matching by-colour in fancy ways.
>  Substitution can be based on matching the plain text.. that's just
>fine.

Even then it could still be a real pain to do.

I'm not sure I even want to try coding for substitution until I can find
a clean way of handling this.

-Morgan