On Wednesday 31 August 2005 2:26 pm, csjasnoch / wisc.edu wrote:
> Thanks Kirk. That should get me to where I need.

As you saw, there are more concise ways to do a check for today, but that
general pattern will work for any date that you need to parse.  If you are
going from Time to Date a lot, you might want to define something like this:

class Time
  def to_date
    Date.new(year,month,day)

Take a look at the difference between Date/DateTime and Time classes.  They
are very different.  Date/time is stored in a completely different format,
and for the most part they offer completely different sets of methods.

Kirk Haines