On 8/31/05, agemoagemo / yahoo.com <agemoagemo / yahoo.com> wrote:
> --- Sy <sy1234 / gmail.com> wrote:
> > Btw, as an aside.. vwmc doesn't use the telnet
> > library by choice..
>
> The main reason that I, at least, am using net/telnet
> is to let it's preprocessing function handle telnet
> control codes.
>
> Most of the rest isn't usable, due to the various ways
> that (in my understanding) MUD output breaks the
> telnet spec.

Does this mean that a "mud-telnet library" ought to be made, to help
various other clients with these intricacies?

I already see various distinctions:
* The GUI
* The console app
* The mud-scripting engine
* the underlying mud-telnet library

The scripting engine and telnet library ought to be external to one's
mud client project.. just adopted as modules.  Even the GUI should be
an abstraction above a more generic console app.