I often teach ruby to people and usually use scite to do this. It's quick
and easy and F5 is very convenient. I also use scite when i am working on
lab machines. (Otherwise I use eclipse when i can.)

When i use breakpoint with a script that i am running from scite using F5,
the irb session shows up in the scite sidebar. I can type at this prompt,
and it works, but backspaces and paste don't register. So i have to be a
really good typist. (Don't register means that the text looks right, but
then i get an error from IRB that shows that it didn't get the pasted text
and did get the text i thought had backspaced away.)

I realize i can get this to work running from a command shell.

But is there a way i can get breakpoint to work in scite?

(BTW, if i run IRB from within SCITE, i get the same problem plus whatever
i typed is echo'd. So '1+1' displays as '11++11', although i still get a
return value of 2. This is a problem that i care less about.)

Bret

  Bret Pettichord
  www.pettichord.com