Trans wrote:

>Tim Ferrell wrote:
>

>>Would this mean I *have* to use relative paths in my require
>>statements from within the libraries to make sure the runtime resolves them
>>properly?
>>

>Not necessarily, but you would have to add the local directory onto the
>lookup path. Something like,
>
>  $:.unshift(Dir.pwd)

Aah ... so the local directory is not automatically included? That
explains part of my confusion...

>I've thought about this myself --this is very Java-esque, yes?

Yes, it is ... probably too much so. Namespaces and the classpath were
two things I really latched onto with Java, as most of the other
developers I was working with at the time had no concept of
organization... I think I might need to relax a bit with it now, though. :-)

Thanks again,
Tim