On 8/30/2005 7:31:09 PM, "Trans" wrote:
>If I am not mistaken, setup.rb essentially defines the common sructure
>for a Ruby project. And is the general layout adopted by Gems.

Thanks ... I had not seen that.

Maybe I'm thinking too much in terms of normal Windows deployment but I my
plan is to take an "unzip anywhere and run" approach rather than using
rubygems or setup.rb... It should just work as long as Ruby is already
installed... Would this mean I *have* to use relative paths in my require
statements from within the libraries to make sure the runtime resolves them
properly?

Also, does my namespace/directory layout make sense within a library? I
definitely see the possibility of like-named classes in different namespaces
within the same lib so I normally depend on filesystem organization to help
me keep these separate...

Am I being too anal about this?

Cheers,
Tim