At 04:36 PM 8/30/2005, Dave Burt wrote:
> > I also wonder if maybe something like the new
> > MouseHole proxy could be used to capture communication between browser and
> > server and then 'play back' the interactions somehow.
>
>Yes, this would be useful, but IMO this kind of tool would best be used in
>conjuction with a browser runner like Watir (assuming that the application
>is going to be used by IE users).

This problem with this approach is that Watir is in-browser and
specifically can trigger events that will only hit javascript and not
trigger server calls. Or the the javascript will be turned into a
completely unrelated server call (as happens with ajax). Watir is good for
testing java-script intensive apps. These are exactly the apps that
proxy-based recording will fail on.

There is a project to create a recorder for Watir (called WatirMaker) that
is actually trapping javascript events. I think this will be a more
promising approach.

Bret

  Bret Pettichord
  www.pettichord.com