On Tuesday 30 August 2005 02:55 pm, SHIGETOMI, Takuhiko wrote:
> this is a midnight talk from far east.
> maybe i should go back to ruby.
> let me explain the background of my original question.
> i am going to write a bytesteream/textstream scanner.
> i have uptaken many useful ideas and codes from many good-hearted guys
> including you, but i am still seeking an efficient way for
> scanning/traversing a large size of textstream.
> while i am thinking whether i should write this part in c-language or
> not, i will do write a pilot version in ruby.

I've been told that StringScanner is a good approach.  Here are some links.

   * [[http://www.ruby-doc.org/core/classes/StringScanner.html][Module:
StringScanner]]

   * [[http://www1.u-netsurf.ne.jp/~brew/mine/en/strscan/usage.html][Usage]]

   * [[http://www1.u-netsurf.ne.jp/~brew/mine/en/strscan/reference.html]
[StringScanner Reference Manual]]

   * [[http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-talk/128575]
[I've recently written a JSON parser based on Ruby's StringScanner class]]

BTW, I don't think I can keep up with your faster-than-light protocols, so I'm
going to bow out of that discussion.  ;-)

Randy Kramer