Hi all,

Ruby 1.8.2
Windows XP

I'm trying to get computer hardware information about a specific user on
a specific domain.  I can see how to get user info and computer info,
but I don't see how to get computer info based on a userid.  I was
messing around with something like this:

adsi   = WIN32OLE.connect("WinNT://#{domain}")
schema = WIN32OLE.connect(adsi.schema)

if schema.container
   adsi.filter = ["computer"]
   adsi.each{ |obj|
      p obj.name
   }
else
   puts "No container"
end

However, I'd rather not iterate over the entire domain.

Plus, I can't tell what methods are available to "obj", i.e. if there's
a way to tie it back to a user and/or get more detailed hardware info.
If I try to call obj.ole_methods, I get "'ole_methods': Failed to
GetTypeInfo (RuntimeError)".  I get that for all of the ole_ methods on
'obj'.

Any ideas on how I can get computer info for a specific userid?  Or why
obj#ole_methods fails?

Thanks.

Dan