Christian Neukirchen wrote:

> Nikolai Weibull <mailing-lists.ruby-talk / rawuncut.elitemail.org> writes:
>
> I generally use
>
>   while predicate?
>     code
>   end
>
> or, if I want it to be on a single line (can't remember doing that for
> while-loops):
>
>   while predicate?; code; end

I'd rather use : or do than ; here.  My question was with regards to
putting the whole while on one line, yes.  That's why I wrote my
templates the way I did.  I guess I should have been a bit more explicit
about it, though, as two of you commented on this.  I'd write one-liners
as

<something> while <test>

but the problem is that <something> sometimes uses a variable defined in
<test>, so this won't always pass initial checking,
        nikolai