On 8/30/05, James Edward Gray II <james / grayproductions.net> wrote:
> On Aug 30, 2005, at 7:47 AM, Sy wrote:
>
> > I look for months for a ruby mud client or at least something that can
> > script in it and I come up dry..
>
> If we can write a Ruby MUD in 15 lines, surely we can do the same for
> a scriptable client, eh?  It's really not a hard challenge to cook
> one up.  I can't believe we haven't talked you into it yet...  ;)

I wouldn't presume to consider my newbie self able to do what others
appear to have taken years to do.  Also, considering I'm not satisfied
with what I've used so far I think I'd tie myself up in knots with the
attempt.  =)

> > Sounds like a great Ruby Quiz idea to me. Then we'd have half
> > a dozen Ruby
> > MUD clients with enough creative ideas for a MUD client to rule
> > them all.
>
> You talked me into it.  We'll try it out this Friday.

Gah!  =)

Btw, as an aside.. vwmc doesn't use the telnet library by choice..

Oh, and my dumbass server setup is up again.  I had to use a dark
force point to make it work.:
http://jrandomhacker.info/mw/index.php/Vwmc