Steve wrote:

>I'm new to ruby and programming (although I did dabble in BASIC with my
>Commodore 64 back in the 80's)  I'm running Ruby with Windows XP.  I'm
>having a problem when I run this simple program:
>
>puts 'Hello, world!'
>puts ' '
>puts 'Good-bye'
>
>When I run the program, a window appears that says "Hello, world!  Good-Buy"
>and then the window immediately disappears.  How do I get that window to
>stay open after it has run the program?
>
>Thanks for your help,
>
>Steve

I prefer to have the command prompt open - putting it in the quicklaunch
bar was the first thing I've done after I installed the system ;) IIRC,
the One Click Installer for Windows sets up both PATH and PATHEXT so you
can run a file called "hello.rb" by typing only "hello" at the command
prompt - just like you'd run a .BAT file.

David Vallner