Yukihiro Matsumoto wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In message "Re: Method behaves differently when called using #send"
>     on Tue, 30 Aug 2005 14:36:24 +0900, "Trans" <transfire / gmail.com> writes:
>
> |At first glance that seems amazingly logical. But on second thought it
> |may be too logical. What of the use case where one purposefuly wishes
> |to call private method from the outside (you know "bad-form"
> |meta-programming stuff).
>
> foo.instance_eval{
>   send(:bar)
> }

While this would certainly work, I have to say I think essentially
making the context of a method call significant is quite confusing.

On another tangent, I personally vocalize the bang-methods as sort
of 'imperative' -- object.do_this (pretty please?) contrasted with
object.do_this!

The imperative usually reads better than 'dangerous' or 'mutating'.

> 							matz.

template<typename duck>
void quack(duck& d) { d.quack(); }