Greetings, all...

I spent several hours this week working on a class for
complex numbers. Although it was fun and it was good
practice, I eventually discovered that I was reinventing
the wheel -- that this had already been done, and very
nicely.

I am wondering if anyone has an idea for a problem of
a similar nature that I could work on? By "similar
nature" I mean relatively self-contained, easily grokked
in its entirety, but not entirely trivial or useless.

I thought of matrices. That's been done. I thought of a
sophisticated date class like one I wrote for a C++
environment (sorry!) that didn't have STL. But "date2"
is very general and seems complete.

Please make delurking worthwhile for me and give me
some suggestions...

Thanks,
Hal Fulton
hal9000 / hypermetrics.com