On 8/29/05, Dave Burt <dave / burt.id.au> wrote:
> I think a MUD is a good newbie project. I would recommend starting writing
> code. You will learn as you go, especially if you bounce ideas off more
> experienced Rubyists. You could ask questions on this list. This way, you
> avoid only half-owning the project. And you can rewrite it later, when you
> figure out how you should have written it.

A MUD would be a horrifically complex and lengthy project, which I
have no interest whatsoever in writing.

There is at least one Ruby dungeon out there, and I've no idea what
its status is.. there appears to be a couple of dozen semi-functional
reinventions of the wheel out there, none of which make me
particularly happy.  I wouldn't want to go anywhere near that problem
space.  =)

I'm better suited to a supporting role for an existing MUD *client*
project.. and even that would be over my head for a good while.