On Tue, Aug 30, 2005 at 06:51:22AM +0900, Dave Burt wrote:
> I think a MUD is a good newbie project. I would recommend starting writing
> code. You will learn as you go, especially if you bounce ideas off more
> experienced Rubyists. You could ask questions on this list. This way, you
> avoid only half-owning the project. And you can rewrite it later, when you
> figure out how you should have written it.

I've done this a few times, in multiple languages. Highly recommended.

Although I do have the benefit of working a lot on the PennMUSH engine.
The only MUD-related project I've done in ruby that's still around is a
'bot' that connects to the mu* and players utilize online scripted
commands to interact with its features.

If anyone's up for making a ruby mud game for the heck of it, I'm up for
being included.

- Greg