Jeff Wood wrote:
> The normal keystroke for the start menu ( the one hidden by the
> windows key ) is Ctrl-Escape.
>
> Simply take a look at the files that were installed with the one-click
> installer... Under Ruby->Ruby 1.8.2-15->Samples you will see a
> hello.rb ... look at the code at the end ... There's a small bit of
> code that does the whole wait for input...

Just add the following line to the end of your program; it will wait for
[Enter].

gets

> If you need more than that, I would suggest writing a small batch file
> to wrap the interpreter and put a pause at the end... same idea but
> you then don't have to add anything to your scripts ...

I prefer this alternative - you wont need to put "gets" at the end of all
your scripts. Put this ruby.bat in a directory in your path environment
variable before the real Ruby's directory (e.g. C:\Windows):

@echo off
ruby %*
pause

Cheers,