Hi --

On Tue, 30 Aug 2005, Yukihiro Matsumoto wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In message "Re: Method behaves differently when called using #send"
>    on Tue, 30 Aug 2005 00:54:20 +0900, "David A. Black" <dblack / wobblini.net> writes:
>
> |> The point is not being destructive or not, since it's OK in a bang
> |> method as you described (by quoting me).  The point is that I don't
> |> really feel it's dangerous to call private methods by the new method
> |> (#fcall, or send!).  They are just different.  I'm hesitating put a
> |> bang sign to something I don't feel dangerous.
> |
> |Then why do you want to have a separate method for it? :-)
>
> Because I felt they are different, as I said above.  I admit fcall is
> not the best name, but very few people would use it.

I guess I still think of the difference as a kind of mild "danger"
(i.e., danger to the receiver: its access rules will be violated).  I
can certainly live without send!  But "function call" just seems so
out of place.  What about:  send_abs (send absolutely)?  I don't
know... I'll keeping thinking, if you're still taking suggestions.

David

--
David A. Black
dblack / wobblini.net