Not all Mac service providers are pretty quick to upgrade though,
wouldn't you say?

I mean, we're still running 10.2.8 on our Xserve - and it's working
perfectly well for everything it does (and that's a fair bit) - I
just can't seem to install Rails properly. I'm running 10.4.2 on my
dev machine, however (and I've got rails up and running beautifully
on it - 0.13.1).

We're going to upgrade to 10.4.2 on the server shortly, though, so it
won't be a problem after that. I'll just have the problem of Apache
2.0. But it does strike me as odd that more people aren't deploying
on 10.2.x.

I wonder - does rails work wonderfully on Apache 2.0? :-) We had a
lot of interesting times getting WebObjects up and running on Apache
2... anyway. :)

Anyway... thanks for your two cents :-)

Julian.