On Sunday 28 August 2005 06:31 pm, Joel VanderWerf wrote:
> Randy, how does folding work in nedit? Are there some published macros
> somewhere?

See http://twiki.org/cgi-bin/view/Wikilearn/NmTWikiFold, I think it's all
explained fairly well there.  (And published there as well.)

> I'm curious where the folded text goes? Long lines?

Exactly.  The macros replace selected \n's with \f's.  The lines ending in \f
don't wrap, and thus extend far off to the right.  (They also switch the
nedit wrap mode from continuous to none when folded (and back to continuous
when not folded.)

If nedit had a good means to hide text, I'd use that to hide the text instead
of folding it.

As mentioned on the WikiLearn page, I got the idea for the general approach
(\f in place of \n) from earlier macros created by others.

regards,
Randy Kramer