Seems this thread just come over the fixed gateway? Seems to have
suddenly appeared with 34 post-fated messages in it. I've been missing
all the action! :-)

Anyway, If I may add 2c. A good way to cleanly etend classes is via
AOP. Now granted you can still run in the same problems but there's
full SOC so they are much easier to track down. In fact using AOP would
be preferable to eve extending classes expect in those very basic
pretty much guarunteed safe cases --that is, if Ruby had tight AOP
support which it doesn't.

Matz has suggested the :pre, :post, :wrap hooks, and those will
ceratinly help albeit these are not full SOC since they still represent
a reopinging of a class.

T.