On 27 Aug 2005, at 06:54, Kevin Brown wrote:

> On Saturday 27 August 2005 03:03, Eric Hodel wrote:
>
>> Even if you mark a class as Undumped, objects generated by the class
>> may be marshaled and returned across the wire.
>
> Hmmm...  Maybe I'm simply using the wrong technology?  I really
> just need
> messages sent, and exceptions tossed back if they happen.  Would
> this be
> better suited to TCP/IP directly by chance?

If you want messages and exceptions, you may end up implementing half
of DRb to get what you want, depending on what features you want to
support.

Your problem seems to be that something is marked as shared that
shouldn't be.  Remember both sides of the connection attempt to
Marshal things.  DRb is best described as server-server rather than
client-server.

>> If you could reduce your failure to something that is easily
>> distributable, I could help more.
>
> That's definitely not out of the question.  I'll see if I can hack
> it down to
> something reasonable that shows the behavior, and if so, I'll send
> it your
> way.

FEC2 57F1 D465 EB15 5D6E  7C11 332A 551C 796C 9F04