On Saturday 27 August 2005 03:03, Eric Hodel wrote:
> Its hard to say what exactly is wrong without being able to tinker
> with it :(  Did you see my other email about adding DRbUndumped to
> the User class?

Nope, but I'll give it a shot.

> Even if you mark a class as Undumped, objects generated by the class
> may be marshaled and returned across the wire.

Hmmm...  Maybe I'm simply using the wrong technology?  I really just need
messages sent, and exceptions tossed back if they happen.  Would this be
better suited to TCP/IP directly by chance?

> > So, my confusion now lies in the fact that I really just want DRb
> > to send the
> > message to the server, and back off while that happens.  It still
> > seems to
> > want to do it on the client side via marshalling, but I'm new
> > enough to this
> > I could be on total crack. :-)
>
> If you could reduce your failure to something that is easily
> distributable, I could help more.

That's definitely not out of the question.  I'll see if I can hack it down to
something reasonable that shows the behavior, and if so, I'll send it your
way.