Hello Randy,

RK> On Thursday 25 August 2005 08:15 am, tony summerfelt wrote:
>> Brock Weaver wrote on 8/24/2005 10:51 AM:
>> > I've been leaning towards Eclipse, but haven't tried it out yet -- any
>> > ruby / rails plugins for it?
>>
>> i'm not sure i'd use 'snappy' and 'eclipse' together :)

RK> And, Off Point for this post, I guess if I was going to ask for a snappy
RK> whatever, I'd say something about the environment, like snappy on a system
RK> running a 233 MHz Pentium, 256 MB of RAM, running a mix of processes
RK> typically including 5 open edit windows, 10 browser windows, ...

RK> (I guess I'm getting carried away, but I'm sure a lot of developers on their 3
RK> GHz, 1 GB systems think their app is snappy, but then I run it and ;-(  (My
RK> system is 500 MHZ with 384 MB of RAM, and a typical mixture of open windows
RK> quite a bit larger than mentioned above--4 open browser with 10-15 tabs each
RK> is not unusual, plus 6-7 konsole "tabs", 3-6 nedit windows, kmail, ...)

Sounds like a challenge. But please contact me, if you want to
participate in a little experiment.

I would like to prepare a special optimnized version of ArachnoRuby for you
that runs on such slow machines. It will contain no debugging code at all.
I did this in the past for someone who tried it on a 450 Apple G4 Cube,
and i worked snappy - except that the MacOSX port is not very bugfree
at the moment.