On 8/26/05, Ara.T.Howard <Ara.T.Howard / noaa.gov> wrote:
> On Sat, 27 Aug 2005, Joe Van Dyk wrote:
>
> > Hm, I'm starting to think there's something wrong with my magick
> > installation.  :(
>
> i've found that the only way to go with imagemagick is to compile from source.
> the redhat fedora and enterprise rpms are totally hosed: for example loseless
> jpeg2000 compression isn't - unless you build from source, which takes hours
> due to all the bloody dependancies.  in any case i thought i'd let you know
> that in case your installation is a redhat package.
>
> note:  this info above is about 4 months old - it could be fixed...

Thanks... this is on a imagemagick installation compiled from scratch
last night though.  6.2.4.  So I'm not sure what's going on.

If I have a bunch of RGB values from 0-256, do you know a way to
create an image for them?  Apparently the MaxRGB on my installation is
around 65000 or so.  The image is around 10kx10k pixels, so speed is
sorta important.