Joe Van Dyk wrote:

> Also, does emacs support stuff like this properly?
>
> some_function argument_1,
>               argument_2,
>               argument_3
>               #cursor should not be here!
> #cursor should be here!
>
> That's one of the things that bugged me with vim.

This has been fixed.  Get the latest from CVS:

http://rubyforge.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/vim-ruby/indent/ruby.vim?rev=1.24&cvsroot=vim-ruby&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

Actually, a lot of things have been fixed in CVS.

(Although it doesn't work how you describe above.  The arguments would
have to be contained in parentheses.  Anything else would require a lot
more work (_a lot more_)),
        nikolai