I apologize if this question has been answered before (although a quick
search of the mailing list archives turned up nothing), but I was wondering
what I would need to get the ruby-mysql library working under Windows.

Is it simply a matter of getting a c compiler like cygwin or mingw and
compiling ruby-mysql into an extension?  If so, I would imagine I need the
source code for the mysql client also, because I noticed that it is looking
for mysql.h or something.

I guess my real question is:  Does anyone have instructions on how to do this
for someone who is not very familiar with compiling c programs, or, better
yet, does anyone know where I could obtain the library already compiled into
a binary?

Thanks!

Jamey.