On 8/24/05, Michael Neumann <mneumann / ntecs.de> wrote:
> On Linux, I can strongly recommend Kate or KDevelop. Maybe someday (with
> QT4) they will be available on Windows, too.

I've added basic rails syntax support for Editors that make use of
kate part (Kate, Kdevelop, Quanta Plus)
There was a recent discussion (w/ instructions, and syntax file) of that here:
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.kde.devel.quanta.user/7286

I hope to start work this weekend on adding document structure view,
and auto-complete, to Quanta Plus (kdewebdev ide).

I've heard there are some ports of kde apps for windows, never used
them though. When I'm forced to use Windows, I use FreeRIDE. On *nix,
Quanta or kdevelop win hands down, depending on the app you're coding.
(Rails->Quanta, Other ruby programming->kdevelop)

These can be compiled on OS X, via fink. Although < 10.4 there's no
copy/paste between Aqua and X11

ps. Cross posting is nicely readable via gmail, assuming users are on
both lists. Which why would you not be?! ;)

--
Chris Martin
Web Developer