I apologize for the cross-post, but I thought it would spur a good
discussion on both lists.

I'm looking for a good editor for doing ruby / rails development.
Here's my requirements:

*  Cross platform.  I spend days on XP and nights on Suse, with occassional OS X
*  Multiple Document Interface.  SciTe's single doc interface just won't do
*  Debugging = not needed.  Just a good editor
*  FreeRIDE = no go.  Doesn't respect my mouse speed
*  Emacs = no go.  I'm a vi guy, but not for this situation
*  Teh snappy.  Startup time doesn't matter, text editing does

What I'd really like is something like the windows-only TextPad
application for linux.

I've been leaning towards Eclipse, but haven't tried it out yet -- any
ruby / rails plugins for it?

tia

--
Brock Weaver