> Only thing bugging me is that, looking through the rails
> documentation, I only see database adapters for mysql, postgresql,
> sqlite, oracle, sqlserver. Is there a way to use odbc / MaxDB instead?

There's no generic ODBC driver for Active Record because databases
exposed through that are still different enough that we can't handle
them in the same way. Thus, you can certainly use ODBC as a way to
create a MaxDB driver, but a generic ODBC driver is not of much use.

I believe we had a thread on the problems trying to do an ODBC driver
that worked both for Access and SQL Server some time back for further
reference.
--
David Heinemeier Hansson
http://www.basecamphq.com   -- Online project management