In article <1f963e060508231401429a9819 / mail.gmail.com>,
  "OxO pHz.60" <pirata / gmail.com> writes:

> so i'm thinking recv() is waiting for something? i thought it was
> different than wait for but since the method is implemented in C i
> don't know where to read the implementation, can someone tell me how
> exactly recv() works or refer me to the C file the is implemented?
> (although i would prefer the first option).

recv() waits some data from the socket.
It is suitable behavior for threaded program.

I think it should register the socket to Gtk's main loop to call the
handler when some input is available.

It seems that Glib has such functions.
http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/glib/glib-The-Main-Event-Loop.html
--