Thank very much Mr Hunter, perfect answer.

Do you perchance know how I can get the name of the class and module
that the method belongs to?

Sorry if these are silly questions, I'm just starting out with this.

On the other hand if you have any really, really hard Prolog
questions, I'm your guy....

Thanks in advance

Barry Evans

On 22-Aug-05, at 5:31 AM, Timothy Hunter wrote:

> Barry wrote:
>
>> Now can the C function method_call determine what "name" the ruby
>> caller used when method_call was invoked?  "call" or "[]"?
>>

> Try rb_frame_last_func(). I use
>
> rb_id2name(rb_frame_last_func())
>
> to get the current method's name as a C string.

If they want peace, nations should avoid the pin-pricks that precede
cannon shot
- Napoleon Bonaparte