luke wrote:
> there's nothing wrong with having a few domains all point to the same space
> ... i would really like to use ru.by but as people have pointed out, ruby.net
> would be more sensible. whoever gets ruby.net should think about getting
> ru.by at the same time, and point them both to the same site!
>
> ps) all this discussion in increasing the chance some malicious person snaps
> both up before someone legitimate does.

So what?  I suspect most people learn about Ruby from assorted online
resources, and  follow links to get to places of interest.   Or use
Google.  Or del.icio.us or similar social software.  If someone types a
wrong URL, odds are they will figure out fairly quick how to get to
where they want.

Yes, a neat, obvious URL is a treat, but not as important as reputation
and Google page rank.

James