Hi --

On Mon, 22 Aug 2005, Greg Donald wrote:

> On 8/21/05, David A. Black <dblack / wobblini.net> wrote:
>> I assume the idea is to turn it over to Matz and the ruby-lang.org
>> team, to replace that domain, rather than starting up something new
>> and unofficial.
>
> Not that my opinion means much, but something new is what I was hoping
> for.. the official-ness of the project doesn't much matter to me
> either way.  The current Ruby docs leave much to be desired,
> especially after using php.net/docs for so long.

What matters to me is courtesy and deference to Matz, who has already
said that he has tried to get this domain in the past and who in any
case has a clear moral right to first refusal of whatever is done with
it if it comes into the hands of Rubyists.

There's also already (since late last year, I believe) a huge
initiative underway to redesign the Ruby English-language website.  I
don't know where it stands, but I believe the matter of the ruby.net
domain came up in that connection too.

David

--
David A. Black