ober <ober / linbsd.org> writes:

> I know this is a thorn to bring up every so often.
> But I have yet to find either an AIX package for 5.x
> or instructions on how to build 1.8.2 with sockets that actually work.
> I did get one build once, but it failed with errors trying to use SOAP.
>
> Has anyone any new info on the AIX port?

I have no news for an AIX package. But as for the latter how about two
patches at the following URL?
  http://www.ruby-talk.org/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-talk/142201
note: It may not be compiled by gcc. I've always built by cc.

If you have already tried with these patches, post the error messages.
I've not tested real applications. My test script is extremely simple.
It may cause no problem even though that patches couldn't fix all
problems.

My test script:
   require 'net/http'
   Net::HTTP.start('www.example.com', 80) { |http|