On Aug 21, 2005, at 1:49 AM, Thorsten Haude wrote:
> I also wonder why you use a look-ahead, I would rather use a
> look-behind.

A negative look-behind would be the perfect, simple approach to this
regex problem. Unfortunately, Ruby's current regexp handler does not
have such a feature. Fortunately, the regexp handler of the next
version of Ruby does. Even more fortunately, this future handler
(Oniguruma) is available now.

So, you can write a more complex regexp/logic to detect your current
case, or you can get Oniguruma working and use a negative look-behind.