Hello Daniel,

DS> ruby.net is already owned by an individual (probably a domain
DS> stockpiler), so it will probably be a lot more expensive. I've just
DS> mailed him, so we'll see if or how he responds.

This will be expensive (surely in the > US$ 100.000 range)!!!
Without doubt.

Look at the prices and you can see that you can make a fortune with only
selling a few Jewels. I doubt he will give it away. Also look at the
search terms that are used and will see that "jewels" meaning of ruby
is searched for about a 100 times more then the language. Nobody would
give up such an easy way to increase there google page rank on it.