David A. Black wrote:
> Hi --
>
> On Sun, 21 Aug 2005, Paul van Tilburg wrote:
>
>> Registering a .net domain at a Dutch company I know is EUR 7.50 (about
>> 9.00 USD) per year (a great company btw, as in:  they regularly send
>> customer surveys about what's good and bad and they actually act on it?!
>> -- recommended for Dutch people), so I think the money isn't the issue
>> here. I say this just to give an estimate about what the costs are.
>> But the problem is indeed continuity and maintenance. Who is going to
>> keep it up for the years coming?
>

> I assume the idea is to turn it over to Matz and the ruby-lang.org
> team, to replace that domain, rather than starting up something new
> and unofficial.
>

> David

Absolutely. But maybe we could use the opportunity (if we actually *do*
get the domain) to make a better site. One of the reasons I haven't
gotten started on Ruby until now is that I could find a documentation of
the high quality of php.net. doc.ruby.net would be ideal for such a
documentation site (maybe a wiki?)

But first thing first. Let's get the domain first, give it to the
ruby-lang.org guys, and then discuss what to do next.

Cheers,
Daniel Schierbeck