nobu.nokada / softhome.net wrote:
> Hi,
>
> At Sun, 21 Aug 2005 19:51:17 +0900,
> Daniel Schierbeck wrote in [ruby-talk:153101]:
>
>>I think we should purchase www.ruby.net - it's much cleaner and
>>easy-to-pass-on-to-others than www.ruby-lang.org, it's shorter, and it's
>>up for sale (www.ruby.org isn't being used for a website, but I don't
>>think it's for sale). I'd be happy to chip in with some cash if we
>>decide to buy it.
>

> Even shorter:
>
>   http://ru.by/
>
> Nobody in Belarus? ;)

While it definately sounds cool, I think people are most comfortable
with .com, .org and .net domains. Getting the .com would actually be the
best (even though ruby isn't commercial in any way), since ruby.com is
the first place people would look if they heard the name "Ruby".

If there are no objections to the idea I think we should find someone
trustworthy, send him some money and have him purchase the domain (I'm
kinda new here, so I don't think that many people will trust me with
their money). If there's another method you prefer, don't be afraid to
write it here. I've never done this before, so I won't flame you...

Cheers,
Daniel Schierbeck