Alexandru Popescu wrote:
> As pointed above the em#moduleMethod is failing. Being a class method I expect it to be available
> also on every instance. What I wrongly understood?

Class methods are members of the class, not of instances of the class.
For instance, Object.new calls the class method new of Object, but you
can't do Object.new.new, because new is not an instance method.

> Later I can read the following:
>
> [quote page=275]
> The extend method will mix a module into an object. The instance methods from the module become
> instance methods for the object.
> [/quote]
>
> Isn't this in contradiction with the first quote?

The first quote had to do with classes; this one is talking about
instances. Telling an object "extend SomeModule" tells it to add the
methods in SomeModule to itself. In the case of a class, these will
become methods of that class. In the case of a class instance, they
will become methods of that instance.

Does that make more sense?