--/WwmFnJnmDyWGHa4

Hi,

* gga wrote (2005-08-21 09:16):
>Thus:
>'end of line. And we continue'    # should match
>'The incredible Mrs. Robner'      # should not match
>'Sammy Davis Jr. is an okay guy.' # should match, due to last .
>
>I tried doing something logical, like:
>
>/(?!Jr\.|Sr\.|Miss\.|Mr\.|Mrs\.)\./
>
>but, alas, this does not work.  Any ideas?

Just by looking at it, this only seems to not-find 'Mrs..'.

I also wonder why you use a look-ahead, I would rather use a
look-behind. As it is, your regex would find any dot, because no dot
matches (Jr\.|Sr\.|Miss\.|Mr\.|Mrs\.). So in the regex dialect I know
best (NEdit):
    (?<!(Jr|Sr|Miss|Mr|Mrs))\.
(aka. find a dot not preceeded by Jr, Sr, etc.)

Thorsten
--=20
Gerade wenn wir alle ganz sichergehen wollen, schaffen
wir eine Welt voll =E4u=DFerster Unsicherheit
    - Dag Hammarskj=F6ld

--/WwmFnJnmDyWGHa4

--/WwmFnJnmDyWGHa4--

Hi,