In article <43076BDE.2070103 / neurogami.com>,
James Britt  <james_b / neurogami.com> wrote:
>Ara.T.Howard wrote:
>> On Sun, 21 Aug 2005, James Britt wrote:

>>> Isn't there a Ruby project that allows one to run regexen over object
>>> hierarchies?
>>

>> dunno...  i seem to recall something too but searching the raa didn't
>> bring up
>> any hits?
>>

>I was selling some folks on Ruby recently, and mentioned this project,
>and I swore I had saved off the initial announcement because it struck
>me as one of those things that did solve any immediate problems but
>seemed so slick that I knew it would come in handy.
>

>Now I can't find it. :(

I think you're looking for Reg:

http://rubyforge.org/projects/reg/

Reg is a library for pattern matching in ruby data structures. Reg
provides Regexp-like match and match-and-replace for all data structures
(particularly Arrays, Objects, and Hashes), not just Strings.

Phil