Lothar Scholz wrote:
> Remeber the topic of the thread. We are not really discussing security here,
> at least thats not what i do. I'm talking about business rules to increase
> the ROI of your development by talking more time to be cracked and making it
> harder for people to use this without paying and harder for average people to
> apply the crack to your program. That was the OP question/intention.

In that case, public key encryption is way overkill. Just use AES, or
any other random encryption scheme provided by the OS, with the key
embedded in the binary. Or even use a trivial XOR scrambling.

Anyone who knows how to hack past that would be just as able to hack
past a call to a public-key decryption routine.

mathew
--
<URL:http://www.pobox.com/~meta/>
          WE HAVE TACOS