> I get as far as the default page 'Congratulations your on rails' but get
> no further in any tutorial that I have tried.

If you get this, then you are up and running on rails.

> The next part is to add a controller,
>
> script/generate controller MyTest
>
> It generates the files.

Are you doing all the development on the server?  That might be the
cause of some of your problems.  I don't know how often the fcgi
module will load up your new code.  I use the same hosting company,
but haven't had any problems.

What I would suggest is developing on your local machine and then just
copying your code over to the server using sFTP, or your technology of
choice.  If you're still have problems after that, perhaps it's
another issue.

Make sense?

Josh