Jm, yes I agree, having ruby continuously on a few segments on that
line would make working on unix a dream.

I found a project on rubyforge that fills the command gap.
http://cmdparse.rubyforge.org/
Using this as either a base or part of the shell would make sense. We
just need to be
able to pipe commands together effectively and wrap existing commands.

We really need as much ideas as possible.
Anyone interested dont hesitate to edit the wiki. http://rush.reyn.co.za/wiki

--
Reyn Vlietstra